Wednesday, April 22, 2009

News! I have news!

I promised myself I would post as soon as I knew something worth posting, and here it is: the tentative schedule for the CONvergence panels!

For those of you not familiar with CONvergence, it's a SF/fantasy con located in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/Saint Paul) of Minnesota, USA. It's over the Fourth of July weekend, and this year's con features a lot of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 alumni... which, of course, appeals to the silly part of me.

I am definitely going to be there. And when you look at the schedule, please note what's going on at 22:00 and 23:30 Friday night!

Hee Hee Hee.

I will be hanging out in the MinnPoly group room as well, and there may be some hypnosis going on in there. Who knows? ;)

Jukebox and Seran have already told me they're going, so it'll be good to have two of my pets there. I know I have readers from the Twin Cities area. The chance of meeting is quite high! Live outside the area? A con is a perfectly vanilla excuse to go somewhere, MSP is a Delta/Northwest hub, and the con itself will be a lot of fun.

In other good news, I have a verbal agreement with Chewtoy to put some of his flash fiction on Blisstrance.com. This makes me very, very happy. I have been a Chewtoy fan for a long, long time. I think his stories were the first that made me really think about finding out more about the MC community. (Shortly after, I discovered the Forum, and met artie, Wiseguy, and many more... and I'm glad I explored further!)

The flash fic is too short for the EMCSA standards, but it's really hot and fun. I'm hoping he gives me lots more!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to offer a testimonial:

    CONvergence is not the biggest con in the country, although it's getting up there - expecting between 3,000 and 4,000 attendees this year - but it's one of the best. The guest of honor list is consistently excellent, the panels and discussions are great, and there are a lot of fun things to do. And even better, everything after attendance is free.

    I've been there every year since 2005, and it just keeps getting better.

    If you have the weekend? It's a great way to spend it.

    Love!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete