Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Excellent.

The Blackberry posting is, indeed, working. That means I'm not tied to the laptop if something occurs to me while out and about. Which is great, because I tend to have fun ideas in the car.

Today in the car I was scripting in my head. When I'm working with someone live, I don't use scripts at all. I tailor the inductions to them. I find I have much better results that way. But when I'm recording, I find that it's far better to at least outline a script and read from it. I think I'm skilled enough to avoid the monotone "I'm reading this off a cue card" effect.

But before I can get to a final script, I end up going through a multistep process, and this is where I am deeply grateful for Copper and Kitty's patience. First, I record a freeform rough draft... what I would be doing if I was live with someone and they were reacting well. Then either Copper or Kitty transcribes that mp3. I polish up the script, record it rough, and get feedback. Then it's further polished, and then I go to the studio with it.

Right now I have scripts for several CDs and ideas for several more. I know I can put out a CD a month; I'm fairly sure I could even do two at this rate. Certainly I've got enough fantasy ideas to keep it going for a while.

I just wish there were more hours in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment