Thursday, March 12, 2009

Email on DO podcast

I got an interesting email today from a listener.

Without quoting exactly, largely because I don't have permission, the writer said that sie would really be interested in hearing about Dark Odyssey, no matter the squick factor. Sie went on to say that it was good to know about things like DO because it allows people who cannot (for whatever reason) attend to know what's going on and helps these people to more fully realize their kinks.

Thanks for the response, Gentle Listener. You've given me a lot to think about. What I might do is "special bonus" podcasts on the topic, and let people decide for themselves what they want to download and enjoy.

At the same time, there was a post on Fetlife from someone who had been unable to attend DO and wanted to hear stories. I suppose this is a good way to put that out there as well. I'll make sure to post links to the Fetlife DO board.

In the meantime, I still have time to think of the best way to present these.

Podcast this week will be on vampkink. I suppose I'll end up mentioning my hours and hours playing Vampire: The Masquerade and hope for minimal mocking! (Dominate is too easy and too limiting. Presence. You want to use Presence and hypnosis skill for hypnosis in V:TM.) Really, though, the issue with this 'cast will again be the surfeit of material.

Finally, I am starting into the books on Tantra I bought, two of which are by the wonderful folks at TantraPM. I have a feeling that the mediation and trancework will be easier. The balancing, perhaps not so much!

1 comment:

  1. More more more, indeed! Not only is it ENOURMOUSLY fun to hear stories from conventions and other kink events, but it's educational, too. I remember being so amazed and fascinated when I found the various hypnofetish sites and communities online, and each real-life story has helped shape and develop my own interests. Sometimes the stories are a warning, sometimes they're a checklist of "Things To Do or Learn," but they're always valuable. Thanks in advance, Lady R!

    ReplyDelete