Friday, March 6, 2009

WinterRose is right!

So, yeah. I live in a fun state. A state where people feel free to rally and say stupid things.

David Gibbs III, a lawyer who in 2005 fought to keep brain-damaged Terri Schiavo on life support, told rally participants gay marriage would "open the door to unusual marriage in North Carolina.

"Why not polygamy, or three or four spouses?" Gibbs asked. "Maybe people will want to marry their pets or robots."


Now... I don't talk about politics often, nor should anyone expect me to. So I'm not really going to touch the irony of a guy who didn't respect a man's right to make medical decisions for his long-gone wife talking about the sanctity of marriage, except to mention it at all.

I'll simply note that the Alt-sex-fetish-robots people are probably saying "Well, OK!" and the polyfolk like me are saying "Now that you mention it..." But look out, because Gibbs Esquire is coming down a mighty slippery slope there. Can we just get gay marriage OK'd, or civil unions for all and marriage decided in various religious organizations first? Thanks!

(And while I love my Roombas, I don't love them That Way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment